Saturday, August 25, 2007

Late Summer

Late Summer, from the middle of August on to Labor Day.



Plants are looking run out and browning.



The window box did well this year with it's eclectic mix of geraniums and herbs. I bought one or two each week at the farmer's market and crammed them in til it wouldn't hold any more. Trailing potato plants add a Goth touch. A little Buddha and some local crystal lend their support.



Like the rest of the house it is slightly wild; looking not neat and trimmed like the neighbors.

I don't know if it's the old saw about life going more quickly as we get older, but boy these summers sure do. It happens every year; by the time I get into the swing of things, dealing with the heat and bugs, it's almost over.

This year I think I learned to relax a bit more and go with the flow. I spent more time on day to day household management, instead of worrying about producing something. And I spent more time sitting outside in my lawn chair- just being. And not feeling like I was wasting time.

That's a big step in the right direction.

No comments: